The biggest issue for a home or office owner is choosing a good security door system. There is an influx of security systems in shops and online which can make it easy for you to be duped, lost, or make a wrong choice, which will end up compromising your security.
At FPC security, we are here to offer advice and sales of the highest quality security door gadgets to ensure total home and office security across the country.
How to choose a good security door system
There are varieties of security systems on the market today differentiated by price, operating a range, ease of use among other security features.
Consider the following when selecting your door security solutions
- A smart system or a keyed lock system: smart systems can be controlled remotely and can be connected to other home and office automated systems. This can create convenience and reduce the risk of being locked out when you lose your keys. A keyed lock system can be more secure since only you have access to your property as opposed to systems that can be hacked.
- The frequency of granting access: mostly burglars and intruders look for keys under the front mat at your home. Smart locks can allow you to create passcodes to give to your guests and maintenance which makes it even easier to track movement in and out of your office or home.
- Budget: depending on how much you are willing to spend on security, you can have either a keyed or an electronic door access control system.
- Design and finish: most keyed locks, especially the traditional ones, have great aesthetic designs that can be very attractive which can easily be matched with your door hardware.
- How prone you are to being locked out: if you constantly lose your keys, it is time to get a good electronic lock to avoid the hassles of looking for a spare or getting a locksmith.
Access Control Kits
At FPC security, we have a door access control system for each security door, which is available in different finishes to suit your preferences and define your office or home décor. They range from antique designs and appearances to those with a modern appeal.
Access control systems include:
Electronic door locks integrate your home system to give you greater security and convenience. The risk of lost keys is reduced by installing one of these in your home or office. All you need to operate these is a touchscreen, numeric keypad, or a keychain remote.
- Electronic magnetic door locks that protect your property by granting access to those with keycards ensuring complete control.• Remote magnetic door lock ensures that no one has to stand to open a door and no one needs to be left closing them at the end of the day. The magnetic door lock kit features a door buzzer system to alert the person on the other end to open the door
- Biometric locks that read thumbprints
- They have a key backup system and automatic locking if left idle after a specified period. Others are remotely operated and you can use your device to unlock them.
Electronic locking systems can:
- Lock your doors automatically after arming your system
- Disarm the system when you unlock your door
- Send notifications to your device in case of an intruder
- Give remote access to your locks
2. Keyed door knob
A doorknob offers a traditional operation that has a latch that disengages when unlocked with a key. There is a thumb turn inside the knob that allows the key to lock and unlock the door. Some knobs use buttons to lock and unlock after the knob is turned but from the inside of the house only.
3. Keyed door lever
These work by pushing down the lever, which in turn disengages the latch. When locked, it cannot be disengaged without a key from the outside. It also features a thumb turn to engage and disengage the lock. They can be universal, right-handed or left-handed and the choice depends on the hinges of the security door. If they are on the right, the latch should be right-handed and vice versa.
4. Keyed deadbolts
These are mostly paired with a doorknob or lever for extra security. They have two models namely single cylinder or double cylinder. Single cylinder only requires a key to open from outside while the double requires a key to open from both the inside and outside.
5. Keyed Handle sets
Handle sets have an exterior handle, a deadbolt and a thumb operated latch on the security door. The knob works the latch from inside the house. It can be universal, right-handed, or left-handed. They are very beautiful and add up as decoration on your door. The deadbolt can be the double or single cylinder, which will depend on the model.
These are lenses that enable you to see who is at the other end of the door. Also called door viewers, they give a wide angle view of what is outside.
7. Door jamb hardware
These are installed to reinforce the strength of the door. They strengthen the vulnerable points on your doors making it hard for a burglar to kick the door in.
Home Alarm Systems
A home alarm system features:
- The Premises Control Unit, which arms and disarms and signals the intrusion
- The sensors that detect intrusions and are located within the protected area perimeter
- Alerting devices that give warning by either sounding or flashing to warn the owner or chase the intruder
- Security devices that are gadgets that detect intrusions such as cameras and lasers
The wireless doorbell is by far one of the most advanced security solutions for your home or business premise security door. It is part of the magnetic door lock kit which also contains the chiming system and/ or a buzzer depending on the setting. It is thus important to have all the necessary information to pick out a doorbell with features that meet all your security needs. When selecting a doorbell, you need to consider the range of operation, the convenience it offers to everyone and your decor preferences. security door
The range of operation is determined by the sound of the chime. A big house requires a louder chime compared to a smaller one.
A very critical feature a doorbell should have is visual alerts. The system should have flashing lights to cater to a noisy situation in the house. For example, hearing a chime might be difficult over the sound of a vacuum cleaner. They are also important to inform people who might have a hearing impairment when someone rings the doorbell. In an office setting too, the door buzzer system should have a light to show when someone is at the door. This is useful in case the office has a no-noise rule to avoid disruption while working.
A doorbell can also be considered concerning the aesthetics it brings to a home or office. This can range from the size of the doorbell to its make. Several designs are available at FPC security that you can choose from.
FPC security is your one stop shop for doorbells of different sizes, color, and shapes designed to blend well with your home. We have different doorbells with different wonderful chimes to suit your preferences.
How it works
A wireless doorbell is integrated into your home or office electrical system. It has an inbuilt transmitter that sends out the signal to the receiver unit located on the wall inside the house when a guest presses the doorbell button. The transmitter is battery powered. When the signal is received, it activates a sound chip that produces a sound. A loudspeaker in the set-up will then amplify the sound for a clearer sound that you can hear.
Remote doorbells should be set to different frequencies with wireless devices in your home or office to prevent interference. This is because they use radio waves to transmit the signals. With the advancement of technology, doorbells are increasingly being connected to telephones that transmit signals to your doorbell. In addition to being aware of a guest at your door, this feature also enables you to know the identity of your visitor without opening your door. You can even open the security door remotely increasing your convenience.
A good wireless doorbell is easier to install, has a wider operating range, is superior in technology and protection, and offers several sound options. As a result, it is way better than the wired doorbell. They also come in diverse designs and offer amazing functionality for the modern smart home.
Wireless Door Entry – Chime Systems
Door chimes are part of a magnetic door lock kit which are differentiated in regard to different preferences. The ones available in the market currently range from expensive ones to lower priced ones. A chime should be chosen after considering the range of your doorbell, the volume of the chime, and the specific chime sounds.
A good door access control system needs to be heard within the range of coverage in the home or at the office. This means that the chime should be picked out depending on the size of the space it will be used. A long ranged doorbell should be picked for a big house and vice versa. This will help you avoid missing out on an important summons. Small and medium-range doorbells should be used for smaller houses.
The options for the chime sound as well should be well considered but this is more of a preferred solution. In most places, people prefer the single chime but any other sound chosen must be clear.
For an office setting, the door buzzer system on the commercial security doors should be decent enough and not too loud to disrupt office activities as much.